After spending more than 7 years in one of the ”Big Four” law firms in Romania and a short interim at one of the rapidly expanding, young law firms in the business, Mihai joined Albota Law Firm in November 2020. Mihai is a professional litigator, with substantial experience in a wide array of disputes, ranging from commercial, real estate & construction to tax and administrative or even bankruptcy.
Selected highlights of Mihai’s work:
- Representing two domestic subcontractors, in an ICC arbitration against the main entrepreneur, in relation to a public tender for the design and execution of the Cluj East ring road;
- Representing an important local construction company before the European Court of Justice, in a preliminary ruling procedure initiated by the company regarding the interpretation of EU law pertaining to public tenders;
- Assisting and representing a major Dutch shipbuilder, in a litigation regarding the public tender organized by the Defense Ministry for the purchase of military corvettes, with a value of approximately EUR 1,6 billion;
- Assisting and representing the Romanian financial regulatory authority, in an administrative litigation initiated by an insurance company, in relation to the withdrawal of the company’s license and declaring insolvency;
- Assisting and representing a global insurance company in a construction dispute against a major Romanian construction company, which took place before the Romanian Court of International Commercial Arbitration and, subsequently, before the courts of law.
- Assisting a major Italian rail-works manufacturer in an international arbitration with claims in excess of EUR 60 million before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC);
- 2015 – 2016: Masters studies – international arbitration law, Stockholm University;
- 2012 – 2013: Masters studies – business law, University of Bucharest;
- 2008 – 2012: Bachelor of laws, West University of Timișoara.
- November 2020- to date: Albota Law Office;
- June 2020 – October 2020: Stratulat Albulescu SCA;
- September 2016- May 2020: Mușat & Asociații;
- January 2016 – June 2016: Internship Baker McKenzie, Stockholm Office;
- November 2012 – July 2015: Mușat & Asociații.
- Member of the National Association of the Romanian Bars and Bucharest Bar Association.
- Romanian, English, French.