Monica joined Albota Law Firm in March 2018; prior to this, Monica worked for almost 3 years in the real estate department of a Romanian Law firm located in Bucharest.
Monica also worked for 2 years as an in-house lawyer covering areas such as corporate law, retail and civil litigation.
Selected highlights of Monica’s work:
- legal assistance and consultancy services provided to several important real estate development companies, active in Romania and on other markets in Central and Eastern Europe, in relation to the development of multifunctional real estate projects in Romania;
- legal assistance in relation to the management of the day-to-day investments, including the drafting and negotiation of sale and purchase contracts, services contracts, real estate management contracts, lease contracts, as well as corporate law issues, including share capital increases, the assignments of shares, the appointment and replacement of directors;
- legal assistance and consultancy services provided to several companies, part of a major Austrian commercial real estate company that focuses it’s activities on the retail and office segments, in the development of several residential project in Romania;
- legal assistance and consultancy services provided to a German multinational company acting in the retail field in the acquisition of several plots of land in order to develop big box markets;
- legal assistance and consultancy services provided to a Spanish real estate developer in the development and selling of a residential project in Bucharest.
- 2010: Law Degree, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law;
- 2011: Member of the Bucharest Bar Association;
- 2012 Qualified as a lawyer through the course organized by the National Institute of Lawyers (“Institutul National pentru Pregatirea si Perfectionarea Avocatilor”);
Career to Date:
- March 2018: Associate Albota Law Firm;
- August 2013 to February 2018: Associate Mitel si Asociatii SCA.
- Member of the National Association of the Romanian Bars and Bucharest Bar Association since March 2011.
Romanian, English, French